The Naturalization Process
February 22, 2011 § 1 Comment
• Get the Application for Naturalization , Form N-400
• Complete the N-400 application.
• Have two passport-style photographs taken.
• Get the necessary supporting documents ready.
• Mail your citizenship application along with passport-style photographs, documents, and fee to the appropriate Service Center.
Note : Do not send cash.
• Make a copy of everything you send to USCIS.
• You will get an appointment letter from USCIS.
• Go to location mentioned in the letter and get your fingerprints taken.
• If USCIS requests for additional documents, mail them
• Wait till you receive an appointment for your interview.
• Go to your local USCIS office mentioned in the letter at the specified time.
• If USCIS requests, bring identification and provide additional documents. Having two additional passport-style photographs at the time of interview will be handy.
• You have to answer questions about your application package and background.
• Take the citizenship test (English and Civics).
• If your case is approved, you will be notified about the ceremony date.
• At the ceremony, return your Permanent Resident Card (green card)
• You will be required to answer a few questions about what you have done since your interview.
• Take the Oath of Allegiance.
• Finally, receive your Certificate of Naturalization.