Using Citizenship Form In Becoming US Citizen
August 19, 2012 § 2 Comments
To become US Citizen one must meet certain requirements. You can become US Citizen by birth or after birth.
To become US Citizen at birth:
• You must be born in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States
• You must had a parent or have a parents when you born with Citizenship
To become US Citizen after birth:
•You must apply for citizenship through including naturalization
Green Card is an important step in the way of getting US Citizenship and it allows immigrants to live and work in the United State without time restriction. Green Card subjected for renewal every 10 years.
Once you get Citizenship, you can enjoy all the rights and privileges like any other American Citizen.
The Requirement to get American Citizenship as per the law:
• You must be stayed in America for a minimum of 5 years (3 years for marriage based) as a permanent resident and if any absences shouldn’t be more than year.
• You should be 18 years old and should be of good moral character.
• You must have knowledge in English language and able to speak, write, read.
• You must be able to understand and demonstrate the knowledge of history and government of America.
• You should prove that you are attached to the American Constitution’s principles and must take oath of allegiance.
To apply for Citizenship, you must file the Form N-400, Application for Naturalization with the USCIS. You need to send this application through mail with required document and the application fee $595 to the Application Service Centre serving their area. To avoid rejection, application fee need to send along with your Naturalization application, information on application to be correct according to your knowledge.
Either you can pay the fee through cheque or money order drawn on a U.S bank and payable to the Department of Homeland Security. Those who reside in Guam should make the fee payable to the “Treasurer, Guam” and US Virgin Islands residents should make the fee payable to the “Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands.”
The Application $595 is not included for Fingerprinting fee which include your photograph and signature. If all the required documents are sent properly with the fee, you will be informed to appear for fingerprint process and also you should attend interview. Most of the Naturalization applicant as a part of the application process must take an English and Civics (US history and government) tests. Depending on your performance in the English and Civics test and completeness of the application, decision will finalised. Depending on age and health factors, some applicants can claim a waiver for the tests.